The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Worst Trip Home?

After a quick Christmas morning with my family and a few more presents opened, we left Texas.  We had plans of stopping just past half way, but with the way our trip went, we drove straight through.  Our trip started off like this. . . A huge wreck in Dallas caused bumper to bumper traffic.  The
 poor people had Christmas presents all over the road, as bad as our trip was, my heart was with them.  And we did get a pretty view of the skyline.  The boys even both slept some, so it is looking nice.  Goodbye Ashy's Christmas shirt that he wore only once!  We stopped about a million times because Ashton was having explosive diarrhea.  Everytime he had one we would stop and have to throw away his clothes and blanket guarding his car seat because I had nothing to do with them.  On a side note can you believe those eyelashes??  Anyways, I lost track of how many outfits were ruined but it was too many.  Then somewhere
down the way Caden started feeling sick.  Luckily I stole a bucket from the hospital the day before.  So we spent a lot of the trip home like this picture.  Luckily Caden never got sick but we have decided he gets car sick or motion sickness.  He was playing on the iPad and we are in the car which he cannot see out the windows like SUV.  Nick is really prone to car sickness, so I guess he gets it from his daddy.  There were many more wreck traffic waits and lots of rain to slow us down.  Nick decided after how the boys were that we should just drive straight through to get home and be in our own beds.  Which I am beyond glad we did, as you will find out in tomorrow's post.  : ) I mean : (   I do not think I am doing this post justice in how bad this trip home was but I have had time to sleep since then.  I guess it was a lot more bad in the moment then it was looking back on it.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment