The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, December 24, 2011

mERry christmas!!!

 Today was one of the more scarier days of my life, especially in Ashton's life.  Early on Christmas Eve morning I was awoken to the strangest sound.  I shot out of bed and got Nick up in record time, to find Ashton in his crib projectile vomiting.  All four of us are sleeping in my sister's extra bedroom, so luckily I could hear it fast.  But I scooped him up and he continued to puke about 10 times.  It was so scary.  So after yelling to get everyone up and cleaning up the mess and Ashton still not stopping, we decided to make the trip to the ER.  I know they cannot really help vomit but I was so scared.  I was having flashbacks to Caden who ended up being put in the hospital for dehydration.  I had no idea what was the matter with him.  He got sick on the way there and there several times.  The doctor said it was a bug and gave him some medicine to stop the puking.  He also said that everyone else would get it and be prepared!       
So after coming home that morning, we tried to take it easy on the no sleep we had.  Ashton never got sick again but he just didn't look like he felt good.  We had a whole lot planned and I didn't know what to do.  My cute little nephew was getting baptized so of course we wanted
to go to that.  Nick and Ashton stayed in the back, just in case and I took pictures up at the front.  Colton (affectionately called Coco by my family) is a true momma's boy so he cried in the pastor's arms but it was hilarious and the whole congregation was laughing.  After the service we then had Christmas with my mom's family.  We again tried to stay away and didn't stay too long.  That
night back at my sister's, Ashton started the explosive diaper phase of the illness which was equally not fun.  My sister wanted to get a cake for Jesus's birthday.  I did not know she was doing this and just saw the finished product.  I told her she should have gotten her money back because it looked horrible.  Come to find out, she wrote the words.  Oops!!  She definitely did not get her decorating skills from me.  I still laugh every time I see this picture.  The boys still loved the cake and enjoyed getting the late night treat!  Merry Christmas Eve everyone out there!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment