The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Christmas Eve!!!

We decided a long time ago that we would celebrate Christmas early for many reasons.  First, we plan on being in Texas for Christmas and I am not about to pack up presents and bring them back to FL when we will have enough other stuff to bring.  Second, I want Nick to enjoy as much time as possible with the boys and their new stuff.  Last, the boys have no concept of time.  So we picked this weekend since we had no plans and gave us plenty of time to enjoy Christmas together.  Tonight we went looking for free but awesome Christmas lights.  We drove out to our old area and found a small farm that delivered.  You could drive through this pretty awesome place for free and we were the only ones there!  Caden loved it so much so of course I had
 to get out and make him take a picture!  As you can see the last cotton ball was taken off of our count down so Santa is coming tonight!  : )  My parents started a tradition many years ago where Christmas Eve you open new PJ's so you look nice for the next morning.  I love this and of course have to carry this on for my kids.  I think Caden was hoping for more and Ashton was beyond tired.  But we still all got our new PJ's before the night was over.  I am still mad at myself for not taking a family picture of us but I did manage to get one of Nick and I, which I love!  We also had to set out Santa's cookies.  Caden was so excited about this part.  We made
 the cookies earlier and Caden was beyond thrilled.  He doesn't get it fully, but he is really starting to understand it all and next year will definitely be really fun with him.  Caden stayed up super late and I had to take over responsibility because as you can see someone could not stay up late
 enough and wait for Santa!  : )  I love him so much and I am so EXCITED for tomorrow morning!!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment