The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, December 2, 2011

Late Night Shopping!

Today was a day of vegging out.  I felt like I had been on the go with so much lately that I just needed chill time.  My house also needed some attention.  So the boys played in their comfy clothes while I tried to straighten up and more importantly tackle the never ending laundry pile.  I will do laundry in cycles, I do it all in one day and then think how happy I am that it is all done.  Then just a few days later it seems it is overwhelming again.  I really wish I could stay on top of it.  I really want to start doing one random load a day to control it instead of waiting till the specific pile if full like I usually do.  Anyways, after going non stop with Christmas, errands, and doctor appointments, my boys and I needed today.  The only problem was we needed groceries.  We had been scraping random meals together for days and now we had nothing.  I don't normally let it get this bad but I was just dreading going to the grocery store.  By the time Nick got home I was still putting it off so we decided to go after the boys went to sleep, we would have my parents listen for them.  (My house is really weird, it is like a duplex almost, 2 full houses on top of each other.  We have inside and outside stairs to get to each other, I have my own kitchen, storage everything.  I think our house is close to 3000 sq ft and my mom's is even more than that.  Like I said it is a really weird house!)  So we can turn the baby monitors on upstairs and they can listen for them, but they generally just sleep the whole time anyways.  Well tonight by 8:30 (2 hours past Ashton's bedtime and an hour past Caden's) they were both awake so my parents took them for us so we could leave.  I think they ended up falling asleep shortly there after.  So off to a late night Wal Mart shopping trip.  We had a really good time because we were alone, and that doesn't happen EVER!!!!  It was nice to shop in peace and take our time.  We ended up walking up and down just about every aisle just because we could.  I cried two different times in the store thinking about how sad I was that Nick was leaving.  How this was my second to last time getting his help with the groceries. . . let the tears begin again!  I am getting so sad and these stupid little things to some people I now am soaking up every second of.  People don't understand that just because I am not going with him, it is not the reason that we won't see each other.  With Nick being back on sea duty, he will be doing just that, being out to sea.  Whether he is on 6-10 month deployments, or 2 week mini cruises, he will be gone.  Since we have known he is going to the Reagan, they have been home days, maybe just a couple of weeks combined, they are gone ALL of the time.  That is the reason I am not following Nick because even if we live in the same place he will still be gone.  I do not want to move to  a new place to stay by myself.  I am not ready for that yet, I need to first know what will be going on and where we will be living before I can blindly follow.  I have to think about how things will affect the boys now.  Anyways, I just had to explain that I am making the right choice whether you agree with me or not, and realize that I am trying my best.  Our late night shopping trip ended up taking close to two hours with the two week supply of groceries and some Christmas presents, we can now eat again!  It was a great trip and I do love my husband!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!     

No comments:

Post a Comment