The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Four's A Crowd!

Today I finished wrapping all the Christmas presents.  So far we have only bought for the boys because we are having to strategically buy things.  We are celebrating Christmas on the tenth so I needed that stuff first.  All of the rest of the family I can wait on so we haven't really bought anything else.  I had wrapped some gifts but with every shopping trip, more is added to the wrapping pile.  So I sat down and finished it today and then of course had to make it look pretty.  I took a picture because I know after Caden scopes them out, Ashton crawls over and destroys anything he can reach, and the cats play in it, the presents won't look this pretty again!  I had a shopping list and about a million different strategic price guides and lists, so I really didn't venture too far from the plan.  We were going to have a little Christmas, but after wrapping it doesn't seem we followed that plan.  We really bought a lot of little things and I wrapped a lot of stuff individually, but this is still what we came up with!!  It looks like a very good Christmas for the boys and I can't wait to watch them!! 
Today was the day we were watching the Loud boys in return for when they watched our boys around my birthday.  They were celebrating Sarah's birthday at The Melting Pot, a place I would like to take Nick someday.  I knew that tonight would be loud (no pun intended) but we could manage.  After all my years in childcare and then the family I nanny for now has four kids, I figured I could manage.  Nick on the other hand only has experience with his two boys, so he was in for a shock.  We started off with dinner with the older boys, which I thought was going smoothly.  Nick ate with them while I was entertaining the two babies.  Not even an hour together and Nick was already saying he was done having kids.  For those of you who do not know, I want a third child so bad.  Something about me does not feel complete at all.  I have always wanted a big family and if money wasn't an issue, then I probably would have more than three!  But three is a number that long ago I convinced Nick was a must, and he reluctantly agreed.  Now after an hour with four he was already taking back his promises.  I insisted it would be different with us because we would never have them this close in age, we would never have two babies (I just jinxed myself!) or two four(ish) year olds!  I don't think he bought my reasoning but I have time to convince him again.  The night really wasn't that bad.  The older boys have a love/hate relationship that calls for a mediator but they had fun together.  Their baby is easy, Ashton you have to stay on top of because he is in to everything.  At one time both babies were asleep until the boys started yelling and woke them both back up.  Neyland never went back to sleep, I think he got scared when he realized it wasn't his bed.  But he did cuddle with me and give me lots of laughs and smiles.  He is one of those babies who's whole face just lights up when he smiles and then it is contagious, you have to smile and laugh back.  Baylor and Caden played hard and eventually settled down, they may even have went to sleep, if Sarah and Matt hadn't gotten back so early.  Looking back it was not that crazy of a night, definitely would have to think hard about a fourth, but I know that my kids would be spaced apart better.  But that third is definitely happening!  I must have been busy tonight because I didn't get any pictures, and that is very rare for me!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment