The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, December 26, 2011

A Sick Nick!

Well the inevitable has happened. I knew it would happen but was hoping for the best. We drove straight through last night and got home at one in the morning. I was awoken at four with Nick puking. Today is Monday and Nick is scheduled to leave at 10 am tomorrow. Today was our last family day and day to pack. Instead I am stuck taking care of the worst sick person there is! Ashton has not gotten sick since the hospital on Saturday but he has had a million explosive diapers. Nick needs so much stuff from the store, we need groceries, and most of all we need formula. Caden and I feel fine but I am just waiting for us to get sick. I had to face my fears of shopping alone with the kids (since I will have to be doing it always now) and I took the boys to Wal Mart the day aft Christmas. I was scared, but thankfully it was not too crowded and both boys wer perfect. I was hoping I would get home to a healthy hubby, but he was still miserable. Now I know after Ashton, my nephew, my sister, and my mom all had this horribly bad, it was no walk in the park. But I think after being stressed with him leaving and taking care of him all day, I let it get to me. Nick I am very sorry for today. I was so mad that our last day together was this. I was so mad that we were parting on such a horrible last day. Maybe it would be better and make it easier if I was mad at him, the goodbye tomorrow might be easier. But I doubt it. I think I also hated that he got all day in bed and I got the kids. When I always will have the kids and when I am sick with this, I won't get the help and attention he got. I know that is a really bad way to think about it and I hate myself for thinking that way but it is the truth. I don't want my husband to leave at all and I don't want this to be it. This horrible post does have a somewhat happy ending. My sick hubby called whoever he needed to call and was able to change his itinerary. His flight now leaves at 10 am on Thursday!!!! I am so happy but still sad. Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!

1 comment:

  1. There's no need to be sorry. I love you for taking such great care of me. I miss you so much and love you more than words can express!

    ReplyDelete