The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mini Van Mommy!

After Nick had his wreck and dealt with the insurance, they said to bring the Altima into the repair shop the following morning.  I was just beyond pleased that Nick was in the wreck and then I had to deal with the consequences.  : )  I had to be at the shop about 35 minutes away at 8:30 in the morning yesterday.  I was not happy about this since I had both boys as well and Caden's school starts at 9:00.  But nonetheless I got us ready super early with all of our needed paperwork and school stuff and made the drive in the cold, rain.  When I got there, the repair guy, the insurance guy, and the rental car guy were all waiting outside for me.  I was in and out of the office in five minutes!  I could not believe it!  They were all so nice and the best part was the other person's insurance allowed us to have a free rental car.  We requested a four door car and they provided us with a brand new Chrysler Mini Van!  A few years ago I would have been disgusted by this, but today is very different.  I was so happy and excited.  We had seven seats and all the room you could imagine.  I was wishing we had a road trip to go on but no such luck.  There was a back up camera and three DVD players!!  I have loved driving this car around the past few days and will be sad when we have to return it.  I really wish we could afford a mini van right now but that won't be able to happen for awhile.  Having a third row of seats would be nice when people come to visit us, we wouldn't have to take two cars.  The only bad part about dropping the car off was having to switch two car seats with two kids from the two cars.  But I managed and was quite proud of myself!  If you see a brand new mini van driving around town, watch out, I am having way too much fun!!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment