The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Day of Lasts!!!

Today was Caden's last day of Mother's Day Out until next year!!!  Okay, I totally mean until January of 2012, but still!!  I can't believe how close it is till the year is ending.  I have met one of my best friends ever through this program, so I love MDO for that.  However, I am not very happy with how
they actually handle some things.  Working in a daycare and even having Caden in one last year, I expect certain things.  Christmas, especially being at a Baptist church, I thought would be a big ordeal.  No, they had nothing at all planned.  No class party.  No class program.  No get together at all.  Last minute they decided to have a story time that we (Sarah and I) decided to go to, and we were the only parents there.  I am glad I went, because I love having any and every opportunity to see how Caden interacts and what he does in school.  I am disappointed in the school but Caden loves it, so I suppose that is all that really should matter.  Nick's last day stationed in Florida was also today.  He graduated from his school and rushed over to see Caden.  He surprised us in uniform (yay!!) and it was so cute when Caden saw him.  Nick kind of stole the show away from story time for a few of the kids.  It is bittersweet that Nick is not stationed in FL anymore.  I at first hated it here but now as our time is coming to an end, I am really sad.  We have even talked about our next shore duty could even be back here if there is nothing in Texas.  How is that for a change of heart?  Don't get me wrong, it is still not for me but it is our home.  We have lived here for over three years.  We had our second baby here and basically raised our first here too.  This is the first place I felt like a family and where our first real home was at.  I am most sad that he is leaving and I am not, but this is the decision we made together and I hope we can get through this.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!     

No comments:

Post a Comment