The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why An Allergist?

Today was the day of Caden's second important Doctor's Appointment.  He was to see an allergist after he already saw a GI doctor.  This allergist was less helpful and not very nice either.  He basically had no idea why my pediatrician had referred me to him, which of course I could not answer because I just went to the referrals I was given.  He basically had no idea what was wrong with Caden and did not care to explore what was wrong with him.  He was more interested in Caden taking allergy medicine.  He recommended I get rid of my cats, take out the carpet in the house and get dust mite protectors for the mattresses, blankets and pillows.  This all sounds like good advice but had nothing to do with why I was there.  He did want us to get more blood work done and wrote out the order for that.  The only problem with this is every time Caden has had his blood drawn it was Nick and I both holding him down.  This was just myself.  I was so scared but knew I had to do it.  I hate all of these opportunities to prove I can handle single motherhood.  How about I just say I can handle it and not test me, is that too hard to ask for??  So off to the lab we went were Caden had six little vials drawn.  He screamed bloody murder but luckily me sitting on top of him and an understanding receptionist to help, managed.  He got lots of suckers and had stopped crying by the time they took the blue tie off of his arm, which i think was the main culprit in his pain.  The guy luckily got it in one stick and he didn't even bruise even with all of the moving Caden did.  I hate that Caden is having to go through this.  I am not sure if something is wrong and it is just too small here for doctors to know the answer or if we just got the worst false positive on some tests and we are going through this pain for no reason.  I hope we know soon, because I am tired of doctors saying I don't know.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment