The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, January 8, 2012

Over the Laundry!

So something that never changes in this house is the amount of laundry. I will admit without Nick's uniforms, clothes, and now that Ash's spit up phase is over; the laundry is lessening. I did around 10 loads of laundry after our trip, the illnesses, and Nick packing. I felt that should last awhile, but no such luck! It was time to do laundry again, but this time around it was only 5 loads. Now would you please tell me after 15 loads of laundry and Nick completely packed up and gone, how I am still putting up Nick's clothes?!? It's like our ghost (Gordy) who has moved with us to every house is now putting Nick's clothes in the washer. I guess I should say Gordy the Ghost is a family joke to explain any weird noise or strange thing that happens. I hope I am done with his clothes because it saddens me putting them up. His drawers are almost empty. Our closet has four racks of clothes, we each had two. I combined all of his stuff onto one to make it look better. But now it is way more sad looking because it is so empty. I should probably space my stuff out better. I hate shoes, they are so dirty to me. So as soon as we walk in, we take our shoes off in the shoe basket (I know, creative name). I have not brought myself to put his shoes up yet. I really should because the basket is overflowing and with the crazy Florida weather, winter and summer shoes stay out all winter. It's just these little things that you never think about that make me miss him. I mean everything does but then there is something random that comes around that really makes me miss him even more. Well, I am trying to be better from yesterday, it is still hard but I am trying. Now I should probably go do a load of laundry, I'm sure it is already time! Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment