The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, January 21, 2012

Parental Distraction!!!

 My parents decided that I needed to get out of the house and be distracted, I guess they could sense how sad I have been lately.  My dad and Caden started the morning off golfing.  Which I love my dad does this.  I wish I could sneak pictures of this, but that violates their cute little bonding time.  I don't even know if I would want to attempt the golf course with just Caden, but my dad managed like a pro.  He even took him to McDonald's afterwards to eat and play.  He really is the best G-Dad there is!  My mom, Ash and I shopped around for baby shower stuff and then ate at a new yummy pita place.  After we were all done, in the afternoon we went to the mall.
My dad needed some new clothes and we needed to get out.  So we followed my parents around the mall and it was pretty fun.  The boys both slept the majority of the time, just to wake up at the end.  Caden always loves to do those silly rides in the mall, so we let him.  It was a mini carousal that spun way too fast.  My dad started out holding Ash, then he got dizzy.  My mom then went around till she got dizzy and then I was up.  Problem is, I get dizzy just watching them, so I was no help.  Luckily it ended pretty fast after my turn.  I couldn't believe the boys rode the whole thing and it took all three of us getting dizzy!  We then drove around a bit and ended up at
the water where a huge sail boat was.  They were giving tours so we looked through it all.  Caden was scared because he was convinced it was a pirate ship.  It was pretty funny but first, a story about my silly mom.  She was talking to one of the boat handler worker people, whatever their title is.  And she was small talking about waves, and such.  Then at the end she was like well at least you are so close to the night life (of downtown Pensacola).  He just looked at her funny.  After we got off, my dad informed us that the boat was some sort of religious organization (ahem cult) that goes around witnessing/ recruiting new members.  Needless to say they weren't much into the nightlife or into the pirates.  I laughed so hard, this is just typical my mom.  She is always doing something funny.  Afterwards we went to Olive Garden.  After a little wait we ate some really good food.  Sometimes, they aren't that good, but tonight it was great!!  They boys did awesome and we all ate good.  Of course, Ashton ate the most.  It really was a great day and I laughed so much, thanks mom and dad!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment