The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bargain Momma!

I am not much on couponing because I do not understand how people save so much money.  I have cut coupons but saving a few cents on something I must buy 2 or 3 of when I only need 1, does not seem that cost efficient to me.  I guess I need a better explanation of it, or Couponing for Dummies.  On one of my mom blogs someone had posted a table set online at JCPenny's for $15.  They said it should say $150, it was a typo error.  In all actuality it should have said $80, so that is a pretty weird typo error.  Anyways, I bought one thinking I couldn't beat the price.  I have always wanted a kid table so I didn't have to have high chairs and my regular table only has 4 chairs.  So I jumped on the deal, thinking that they would have to honor it.  Well I never heard anything else other than it was delayed on shipping, which I think thousands of people tried to buy the typo mistaken table.  Then almost a week later, I received an email stating they were sorry for the incorrect price but they ran out of the tables and I was reimbursed plus given a online only $50 gift card.  Now I am no mathematician but I just got a free $50 to spend, I think I should go on Extreme Couponing with that success story!!  I liked the table, but didn't need it, so it was a win win for me.  Now I must find something to buy with my new gift card!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment