The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 Months Old!!!

Ashton Kole Evans is 10 months old today!!!  I cannot even believe how fast time is going by.  I am so sad that my baby is growing up, I know why people have litters now, it goes by to fast to enjoy everything.  I really want to start enjoying more of everything instead of being so stressed about all the things going on, but that is easier said than done.  Anyways, where to start.  Ashton is not walking yet but he can cruise around any piece of furniture there is.  He loves to find something (like a basket) to stand up on and push all over the house.  I don't know if he will be walking soon, he seems like he would love to be able to chase Caden around, but I am in no hurry for him to grow up.  He has four teeth now, and loves to bite me to show me.  Ouch!  His last top tooth that came in, has been the worst.  He has been super cranky and of course got another ear infection with it.  The doctor was putting tubes in with the next one, but luckily he is waiting because every other time has been a double ear infection and this was just a single one.  I am not opposed to tubes since he said it is affecting his hearing and that is what happened with Caden which delayed his speech.  I just hate to think about already having to go in for surgery, Caden was two when he went in.  He loves to clap, give a high five, and he blew kisses once but I think it was a fluke.  He loves to shake his head no very fast when you say "No, No, No."  That is probably one of his favorite things.  He loves to dance, any music toy he has, he starts shaking it.  He says "da, da" to almost everything.  But recently says "bye" which I don't think he gets the full meaning of, since we say it but we never actually leave, so I may be part to blame for that.  I think the word he knows most is "bite."  His comes out more like "Bigh" (a longer i sound than his bye).  He says bite when he wants to eat something and in between every bite he takes, I say it and so does he.  I know he gets it because one day this week he said bite and then preceded to bite my arm!  Again Ouch!!  Ashton eats better off of my plate still then baby food.  He will eat non mixed fruits and squash and sweet potatoes.  But he doesn't care for any of the meals or mixed things, which I don't blame him.  If he isn't tired and in a good mood I just give him real food, which he loves.  But if he is tired he will only eat a bottle.  I think he may be a little lazy.  : )  He still would much rather share with me than have his own, even if it is the same exact thing.  Oh well!!  Ashton still hates socks and shoes, good thing he is a Florida baby!  Bath time is his favorite time and diaper changing time is probably one of his least favorite times.  I am sure there is more I should say but I cannot think of anything else.  I hope you enjoyed this, it was pretty fun writing!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment