The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Sad Day!

I don't want to spend too long on this post because I am still grieving, I don't frankly care what anyone's feelings are on the matter, and I just don't want to talk about it anymore.  As I mentioned, we are moving to Washington, that is a 40+ hour drive.  After that move, we will be moving pretty soon again.  Nick will be deploy-able then or we could be overseas then.  We have come to the decision that if I want to go home for long extended periods of times, the cats do not work with our family anymore.  It is best for everyone involved.  Zoe, our 8 year old cat, does not handle change and does not like anyone but me.  Macie, our 4 year old cat, does better with people but still is pretty finicky.  I have cried all day today.  It was so hard giving them up, but it had to be done.  I gave them to a shelter.  I opted for this, because no one adopts adult cats.  I would rather our cats have a few good years with me then spend the majority of their life in a cage.  Take what you want from that statement, but it makes me happier and feel better that they did have a great life with me.  They are my babies, the only chance of there being other girls in this house.  Base housing in WA makes you go to animal housing, which I do not want to live by all the loud, poopy dogs.  I do love animals but this time in our life we cannot have them.  Moving too much with cats is not good.  I hate that it came to this, but it did.  I am heartbroken, so I cannot take criticism at this time.  I know that I made the right decision and the best decision, but it still hurts so much.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment