The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, January 13, 2012

Just Call Me Martha!

 Martha Stewart was the only crafty person I could think of at that time, I hope that was a good analogy!  So I got a creative bug in me the other night, one of my many sleepless nights and I decided to be crafty.  Yes these are all over Pinterest, but I am not a member, I do not need to be sucked into something else when I have enough going on.  I got this
 from a super creative mom blog, her stuff makes me feel like an inadequate mom, but that's for another post.  I can still get on pinterest without being a member, and get the instructions, so I am not missing much.  Anyways, these are melted crayons!!  I think they look so awesome and I am pretty impressed with myself.  I hot glued crayons
onto a canvas and used a hair dryer to melt them to how I liked.  I think my hair dryer is hotter than most, because it melted the hot glue off, so I had to re-glue them.  I bought one box of crayons and picked colors that looked good together.  Caden picked his out, which didn't surprise me because he loves pink.  I then just free-handed their names with black  paint!  Very simple and very cute.  I am going to put them in the play room next to all of their (mainly Caden's) artwork.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment