The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mr. Independent!!

Caden has really tried to be more independent in the past few days/weeks.  I do not know if it is because Nick is gone or just an age thing.  Either way, it has been very nice.  He loves to surprise me cleaning his room and make me come oooh ahhh at it.  If only he would want to clean up his playroom, that is the real mess!  Tonight he even wanted to pick out his PJ's and get dressed all on his own.  Now, some of you I am sure have independent children, but Caden is not that.  I am pretty sure I will be tying his shoes in high school!  He likes me there and he wants me to help, I may be babying him, but he is only young for so long.  So tonight when he took the initiative to get ready on his own, I went with it.  He came out of his room like this.  Now these two sets don't go together, but he was happy and that is all that matters!  I thought it was pretty funny that he chose his daddy's favorite shirt too (They made the second round play-offs, but lost today).  It's sad he is growing up but also a good thing, like most things my kids do.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment