The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby Shower Distractions!

 My cousin Casey, whom I have always considered to be more of a sister, is having a baby girl!!  She has a son a few months older than Caden.  While I am super happy for her, I am a little jealous that she is having a girl.  I love my two boys but there is something about a girl that I really want to experience.  Luckily, I can live vicariously through her since I only know  
how to make boys! : ) Anyways, I love to plan parties and showers, so I had to throw her a shower and celebrate her new little bundle!  I used to think I was pretty good at parties, but now after looking   at way too many pictures, I don't know.  Some people are really crafty and just know how to put things together beautifully.  Nevertheless, I am trying to throw a great shower.  I chose an invitation that matched the baby's bedding colors.  And from there I chose to focus on the decor being pink and green circles.  I don't want to give too much away but here is a little taste of it all.  The invite is obviously the example, didn't want to put addresses up online for the crazies!  : )  And these aren't my circles but mine are very similar, just different sizes and colors.  I think they will look really cool.  I hope it all turns out.  I have been making circles forever and now 300 later, I am done!!  I just have to do a diaper cake, some games, and finish up some odds and ends.  I am really pleased with everything and I hope Casey is too.  I really love how much this shower has distracted me from Nick being gone.  I have been consumed with party planning that I don't have time to think about much else, just the way I like it.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment