The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, January 9, 2012

On A Positve Note!

Today has been a really good day.  It started off with good friends and ended with a phone call from my hubby!!!  Once a month, my Sunday School has a mom's bible study class.  It is really to have some quiet time and share our struggles of parenting while still focusing on the bible.  It has been very helpful for me.  And I really enjoy the ladies and their help and advice.  Many of them know about deployments and get what I am going through.  They are all so nice and I truly am thankful to have this in my life right now.  I cry every time I go, but I need to.  This is one place that I feel okay to cry and not be judged for it.  I am trying to be strong, but sometimes you just have to let it out.  We started a new series about struggles both parents face with the kids.  It was hard since it is now just me, but I still learned a lot.  I just got sad for a bit.  But after I let it all out, I felt better and more calm.  Like I am now in a better place and I do not need to cry anymore.  Truth be told it is a week later (because like always I am behind on my blogs) and I haven't cried since that day! I decided then and there to get off the poor poor me train and stay active and positive.  I even made plans with Sarah to join the Wednesday night activities and go to another new parenting class/series/bible study.  I hate being so negative and wish I could just stop.  I think it will take time and training but I think I already have been more positive.  After I finished the class, I went to Sarah's for a minute.  And I finally got the call, my first call from Nick since he left on the boat!!  It was the best call ever!!  My phone said unknown but it was his ring tone, even though he was calling form the ship's phone, it was so strange!  Anyways, Nick seemed pretty miserable but that doesn't fit in with my positive post! : )  We talked for a few minutes and I don't think I have ever felt better.  I spent the rest of the day at home, happy.  And then that night Nick called again and we talked for 20+ minutes before my phone died (always keep your phone charged when your hubby is gone!)  He called back to tell me goodbye and he loved me.  I could not even tell you what we talked about, but it was one of the best conversations we have ever had.  We couldn't stop telling each other we loved each other and I cried, but this time happy tears.  Today has been completely different than the past few days, and I am glad for that.  I am happy that things are turning around.  I hope they continue on this path and that I can continue to stay happy and positive.  I know that I will have my bad days and over whelming days, but I hope they are spaced out and are out weighed by the good ones.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!     

No comments:

Post a Comment