The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jay Peanut Festival


One of my favorite things about fall in NW FL and AL is all of the festivals.  Now if you aren't into these, once you have been to one, you pretty much have been to them all.  But luckily my family loves these, and we try to go to any the peak our interest.  The Jay Peanut Festival is in nowhere, FL.  And when I say nowhere, I mean there is nothing around for many miles.  Coming from TX, you think we would be accustom to the country, but even the most country of Texas towns still has a Dairy Queen.  (I miss you and love you Papa!)  The peanut festival has a lot of local craft vendors, lots for the kids, all sorts of peanut foods, and then the common fair ground food trucks.  This was our third year to go, and by far the biggest and busiest year of it.  On our drive north we ended up getting lost.  We started following cars, because we figured they had to be going the same place, who else would drive this way?  Well it turns out, people who live in the farms there, are driving up there.  After no cell coverage, so no maps, we guessed on which way to go.  We eventually found the entire state of FL and AL at the festival!  We had such a good time.  Caden conquered his bouncy house slide fear, tested out some tractors, rode on a horse (naturally he called him Bullseye), and rode around on a train with me.  Ashton enjoyed a push around in the stroller.  Nick and I enjoyed some peanuts, peanut brittle, and some peanut butter fudge.  I also found a lady who made boy clothes.  Now don't get me wrong, all you crafty people out there.  But if I see one more tutu, pillow sack dress, or hair bow booth, I might scream.  Just because I have a boy, doesn't mean I don't want something cute for him.  This lady sewed all sort of bibs and shirts.  She had cute ones that had to do with sports teams, military slogans, firefighter sayings, and holiday ones.  I wanted one of everything but opted for Christmas shirts for the boys, matching of course.  They say "Who needs Santa, I've got Nana," what my boys call my mom.  After a good few hours there, a snow cone enticed Caden back to the car.  The long drive back meant a good nap for the boys and a peaceful conversation with my love.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment