The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

Today was really a great day.  It had some really great highs and some pretty low lows, but all in all it was great.  We started out the day running late, which I hate.  Getting a family of four ready and packed up for the day is a lot more work and stress than it should be.  I will just leave it at that.  Someday we will casually come and go as we please with no preparation, I am sure it will be the same day that I am having to wake the boys up instead of them being my alarm clock.  We met our friends', the Loud's, for a fun day out at Holland Farms.  It is one of the only pumpkin patches in the area.  This was the first time that we all got to hang out as a group, and I think we all had a great time.  I know as soon as we left the first thing Nick said, was he hated that he was leaving so soon.  I am going to pretend it is because he is going to miss us, but I think he was talking about his new friend. . .
Caden and his friend Baylor spent the whole day chasing after one another.  They picked pumpkins, slid down slides, played in a corn kernel box, bounced in a jump house, and we all rode on a hay ride.  It turned into a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.  It was a ways out in the middle of nowhere, FL (even more so than where I live) but it wasn't that bad.  My boys were not feeling pictures and that was not a good thing for me.  I had visions of many pumpkin pictures but the boys won this battle.  After spending several hours at the farm and getting as dusty and dirty as the boys could get, we decided to meet for lunch at Chic-Fil-A.  We ended up spending another few hours here all deep in conversation.  We learned a lot about one another, including that me and Sarah are strangely almost the same person.  I am talking from experiences to even having the exact same wedding ring.  It was so weird!!  I am really glad our families found each other and cannot wait to see what else we find in common.
We hoped that the boys were ready for naps. . .  but not so much.  On the way home we passed a church pumpkin patch that I made us stop at for pictures.  The boys were a lot more cooperative and I got some really good pictures.  Once at home, Ashton finally took a nap while we worked on the pumpkins.  We had sticker faces for two tiny pumpkins.  We made one big pumpkin look like a Cowboy Mr. Potato Head.  The last two big pumpkins, Nick and I carved, which came out pretty good.  I spent too long of a time collecting pumpkin seeds, which is so the opposite of fun!  The last medium pumpkin we put the boys initials and footprints on because I did not know what else to do.  The footprints were very hard and are more about the size of their foot.  They are more my thumbprint manipulated into looking like a more pretty version of their footprint. : )  After all of this was done it was dinner time.  I was not feeling cooking and Ashton needed formula.  We decided to go get formula and pizza.  This was the wrong idea.  Ashton and Caden both screamed and cried pretty much the entire time we were gone.  I so wish I would have gone by myself because that car-trip brought down the whole day a few notches.  I guess they had to make sure we didn't have too much fun for the day.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment