The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Perfect Playdate

I feel bad for Ashton sometimes when I think back and remember all the fun things I did with Caden.  I still know we go out and do fun things as a family but I am talking day to day stuff.  The first 8 months of Caden's life, Nick was pretty much gone.  I had Caden in The Little Gym, pretty much the best place ever!  He got to play with other babies, learn new things, and even took his first crawl there just before 6 months.  When I moved to FL when he was 8 months old, I got us very active in things.  I joined lots of different mom groups, went on too many to count "blind play-dates."  I made some really good friends and had Caden many little friends of his own.  We were going to Gymboree (not one of my favorite places) and story time at Barnes and Noble.  I really was going out of my way to get both of us active in the FL scene.  All of this eventually fizzled when people started moving away and I got tired of meeting new people, since they never panned out into anything.  But around this time, I got pregnant and was back in school, so I was too busy to notice.  Now things have calmed down and with Caden in MDO, I have started to feel bad for Ashton.  I want to get active and involved again for Ashton now.  I really wish there was some new way for us to do this but I am at a loss.  Except now I do have one new advantage.  I have the other moms of Caden's school to hang out with during the day.  It seems like almost everyone there carries in a little baby with them as they drop off their older child.  Well Ashton went on his first play-date with a little boy that is four months old.  I think they had a blast!  They both had a competition of who could spit up and drool more.... it ended in a tie.  Ashton loved playing with the new toys and loved chasing their cat around.  More importantly, I had an awesome time with his mom!  As much as I want my boys to have social interactions, I think I needed it more.  New faces are very refreshing.  I love how much we have in common and cannot wait for many more play-dates to come.  We both have husbands in the navy, both have close to four year old sons in the same class, and then baby boys.  It was a great day!!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment