The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!!!  I am not a big Halloween fan for myself.  As in, I hate coming up with adult costumes for Nick and I but I do love Halloween for the kids.  I love all of the fall activities throughout the month and then all of the festivals and parties around it.  And then I absolutely love dressing up the kids and showing them off! : )  It is so cute to watch Caden be such a big boy and walk up to the door and knock and say "Trick or Treat, Happy Halloween, Thank You."  It makes me proud.  Today,  Nick's parents left and we decided we had just enough time to go over to our friend's house and walk around with them.  I am so glad we did because we had so much fun.  Their neighborhood is much bigger than ours but I don't even think
we really put a dent in it since we all were tired pretty fast.  But we all started out walking together letting the big boys and dads go door to door while the moms and babies stayed in the street.  I loved watching my two favorite fireman holding hands so Caden wouldn't trip in his boots and to stay away from all the cars in the street.  He still tripped several 
times until he was over walking.  So then from house to house, poor Sarah had to push around the kids in her double stroller, since I stupidly brought my single stroller.  I should have known Caden would have tired fast, he never wants to walk!  Ashton was the cutest little firehouse puppy and went to one house, purely for picture purposes.  After awhile it became cold so the dads and babies went home to pass out candy.  Sarah, Baylor, Caden and I continued on to more houses.  We probably should have gone back at that time because the boys went down hill fast.  They immediately started fighting over who got to knock on the doors first.  This turned into one child crying, at every house.  It was hysterical watching the 
people answer the doors with one kid crying, and each house the kid that was crying changed.  We decided after a few houses that we should head back too.  We didn't really need the candy we just wanted the experience.  We hung out at their house for awhile before going back home.  Last minute we decided to go over to the Loud's, and I am glad we did.  Walking the neighborhood together was really fun and it was nice having someone to talk to.  I cannot believe how much we have in common and everyday we learn something else that we share.  We hoped that the car ride would put both boys to sleep but no such luck.  When we got home, Caden checked out all of his candy and the only thing he said he wanted to eat 
from it was his bag of pretzels!  I was shocked, but then again he is my weird food child.  This by far was my best Halloween ever.  Really the whole month of October was the best October of my life.  We met a couple friend that all four of us get along with, went to some awesome fall activity places, Caden is doing awesome in school, Nick had almost the whole month off, Ashton had many firsts this month, we went to a Halloween party, there was just so much great stuff that happened.  I am so happy just thinking about how great this month was and am so happy to see what November brings.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment