The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Party Time!

So it is official my three year old has more of a social life than I do.  I am not sure if I should be sad about this or happy.  Caden got invited to a Halloween Party by his princess, Kacie.  We were not going to go since my in-laws are in town, but after learning that Kacie was sad Caden wouldn't be there, I decided that the two of us would go.  Caden had so much fun and it is so cute to watch him interact with other kids.  There is no doubt about it, I have quite the ladies man.  All of the little girls wanted to play with him and I heard him call many of them his princess. . . I told him that Kacie may be upset if she hears there is more than one princess. : )  Kacie's mom, Ramona, had many games for the kids to play and had such cute Halloween decorations and food set out.  The first game that they played were apples on string that the kids had to try and bite without using their hands.  It turned out to be quite difficult but Caden still managed to eat his apple first.  He loved it so much that he ended up going back for another apple later on!  I thought that maybe I should hang up all of his food by a string and then maybe he would eat.  There was also a bean bag toss and a kid-friendly version of beer pong.  All of the kids had a blast and the parents did too.  Kacie is in another class now so most of these kids were new to me and I got to meet some new parents.  It is always nice to meet new people.  The night ended with smores but of course my child wouldn't touch the smores or anything else there, he just played the whole time.  The big difference between tonight and last night was the weather, it was so much colder. . . I was not prepared to be that cold!  We left the party like we leave most things; Caden kicking and screaming to stay longer.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.           

No comments:

Post a Comment