The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gumby No More!

Today, at the old age of 7 months, my baby got his first tooth!!  The in-laws are still in town and wanted to treat the kids to the toy store and another round of seafood on the beach.  The only problem was, Ashton and I have been battling allergies/colds/sinus junk for days.  Neither of us felt good and I decided that we would be better off isolated instead of among too many people.  So Nick, Caden and the parents took off for the day while I had a nice break.  The only problem is Ashton didn't get my nice long break memo.  He refused to take a nap and was so fussy.  He would sleep for a few minutes and wake up gripey and then start the process over.  After I realized my nice break was not that enjoyable, I got him out of bed.  We hung out on our normal spot on the floor and he chewed on my fingers, something he always does.  Only this time I felt something and then could see something.  His perfect little bottom tooth was all the way cut through!  I was so proud!!  I immediately gave him some Tylenol, baby Origel, and a cold teething ring!  I couldn't stop feeling it and rubbing his gums!  I was so happy for his milestone but then sad too.  I realized that he would no longer ever have the cute gumby smile and he would start to look different.  If we don't have another kid then this was my last time to ever have a first tooth. . . and then I got sad about a whole lot of last first!  I guess being alone and emotional is not a good thing.  When everyone came back home, I showed off my new big boy.  Everyone was happy and Ashy loved the attention!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment