The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, September 30, 2011

Retail Therapy

We are currently waiting for some follow up test results for our son, I am still not ready to talk about it, but I am not doing very well trying to hold it together.  I thought that with Nick having a three day weekend, I needed lots of distractions.  I planned lots of activities to keep me busy, down time is when I get depressed.  One thing that this area has, is really good outlet shopping.  Pretty much every store I shop at, is located in Foley, AL.  If you are ever in the area, I do find it a must.  For the past three years this is where my whole family has gotten about 80% of their entire wardrobe.  I knew Caden had no 3T winter, Nick and I could use some new clothes, and Ashton needed a couple of things of his own.  I saved most of Caden's things, but clothes have still changed so much in three years, plus I want Ashton to have some of his own things.  It was definitely a very successful shopping trip!!  I got a few new sweaters and a new pair of jeans.  Nick got three new polos.  Caden is pretty much set for the winter, with pants, school clothes, and nice clothes.  Ashton even scored big with a lot more than I thought I would get him.  My favorite stores were Carter's, Old Navy, Gap, Children's Place, Gymboree, and Osh Kosh.  I had a very good time and was completely distracted in savings mode that I never had one negative thought.  We then came home and let the boys chill.  This started to get bad for me, so we went and got one of our favorite treats.  Frozen Yogurt from TCBY is the best ever here, really anywhere.  We all love the flavors and toppings and it definitely ended the night off right.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment