The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Let's Get Organized

Generally I am pretty OCD when it comes to organization and the cleanliness of my house.  I like things in  a certain order, and of course I am the only one who can make that order perfect.  I knew how many blocks Caden had and would count them as I put them in their designated toy bin, and would search everywhere if my count was off.  I always went to bed with clean dishes and a cat hair free couch (quite the battle with a chocolate brown couch and two cats.)  Now since Ashton has been born, I have been very relaxed on my cleaning neurosis.  If Caden's toys all end up in his playroom, I can just shut the door at night.  My couch now has a designated cat cushion that they know to lay on, and it gets cleaned when company comes.  Nick has pretty much taken over the dishes, and when they get done that is fine by me.  Now I am by no means a dirty person, I am still a huge germ-a-phobe.  We have a storage closet in our house that has been neglected post-Ashton.  Every time he outgrows a stage of clothes they get tossed in the closet instead of placed in their proper storage bin.  I have gotten to the point that the room makes me anxious, so it needs to be organized!  This is
the madness of my storage room.  As you can notice there are things everywhere.  The giant tv in the center is the old tv from our bedroom that has now been replaced by a flat screen one.  Nick was supposed to have taken this to the goodwill the day of, instead it has hung out in here for 6 months.  It is heavier than anything and now we have to fit it in one of the cars since his truck has since been sold.  I thought the easiest thing to do would be take everything out of here and start fresh.  The cleanest room to do this was Ashton's.  As you can see the two boys thought this was a great place to play!  After I went through every bin and organized them and updated and dated them, I was feeling much better.  I found it very easy to write on the tops what was in each of them, just generally (2T summer) so I didn't have to dig through everything, when I was looking for something specific.  It may be a duh moment for everyone else, but I was pretty proud of myself!  Half way through organization came Ashton's bedtime, not a smart move on my part.  So I had to move everything in the living room and finish.  I am officially done and so glad I could accomplish one of my many projects I have for myself.  My next step is putting all of my millions of pictures in photo books!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment