The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Playdates and Dr. Mario

I had yet another wonderful playdate with our new friends.  I am not really sure who in my family is having the most fun.  Ashton has his first little friend, although two months makes a big difference right now.  Ashton is crawling everywhere where his friend is rolling everywhere.  They still love to laugh, drool, and spit up with each other.  Ashton did pull his new friend's hair...so I am afraid I have a little bully on my hands.  : )  Caden and his friend are in class together.  I am so glad that they have each other and they seem to play very good with one another.  Caden has been lost since his princess left his class and wasn't really excited about school, so I hope this re-energizes him.  Nick has not had much of an opportunity to meet their dad, but I hope that we all can hang out together soon.  As far as me, I think I am having the most fun.  We have a lot in common and I feel that we about at the same level on most things.  It is never fun to hang out with someone who judges your parenting style or thinks they are better than you, and I definitely do not feel that way with her.  We were over at their house for two hours and they went by in a blink because we never stopped talking.  It is so funny how much we have in common!  I am talking clothes, stories, pictures...it is almost weird.  I wish we would have met each other three years ago...  I can only imagine how different things would have been for me.
As I mentioned before my husband has become obsessed with finding vintage game systems.  He recently found the original Nintendo (the only one I had as a child).  As much as I would never tell him, I was secretly happy about this find.  I was excited to play some of my old favorites.  Dr. Mario was on the top of my list because I am just awesome at it.  Nick, the ultimate gamer, didn't believe my dominance in the game....he was quickly shown the queen!  I had to go up several levels to play on an even playing field and still won every time!  I then had to play by myself and see how far I could make it.  My first attempt I made it to level 17 of 20!!  I was pretty proud of myself but now my eyes hurt, so I think I am done playing.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment