The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pill Popper

I am afraid my little Ashton is following in the footsteps of his big brother, in that he has very bad allergies.  Caden has been on Zyrtec forever.  Change of weather/seasons are the worst.  He constantly has a runny nose.  Last Friday we had a park playdate and since we have been home, Ashton has been snotty.  I do not know what is in the air right now, but I am convinced that Ashton is probably allergic or sensitive to it.  I had been putting saline and bulb syringing his nose.  He never had a fever but was just not himself and had a hard time breathing and eating at the same time.  Ashton also had his second dose of his flu vaccine this morning, after I made sure his symptoms weren't contraindicated.  The nurse told me to use a different kind of nose drops with a decongestant in them and to not worry about it unless it persisted into an infection of some sort.  The past few days I have been trying different medicines.  Ashton has gotten Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Benadryl.  I have noticed Tylenol helps and Ibuprofen makes him wired.  Benadryl makes him even more spit-upy (yes that is my word) than normal, so it probably won't be tried again.  What I have noticed about all three medicines is that Ashton loves medicine.  He sees the syringe and goes crazy!  He holds it in his mouth afterwards and cries for more!  I think I may have the starts of an addict on my hands! :)  It is so funny to watch him.  This blog really sounds like I drug my child.  However, I don't normally give him any medicine and this has all been over the past week.  I am just hoping the nose drops help loosen everything and he can get better, he sounds so pitiful sleeping right now.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment