The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stop, Drop, and Pull Up!

Today at Caden's school the Fire Department came to show off their truck and teach the kids fire safety.  Being that Nick is basically a fireman in the navy and Caden is going to be a fireman for Halloween, I was extra excited for this day to get Caden excited.  I kept telling him he is going to see fireman like daddy and a truck that is bigger than daddy's.  He was really excited and of course I dressed him in one of his many fireman related shirts.  He came talking all things fireman, success.  His teachers even said that he talked about his daddy and had him show me songs and things he learned.  I was proud.  : )  His new favorite thing to do is act like we have fire on us and we have to Stop, Drop, and Roll.  I remember this from school and it is funny how he now does it.  I don't know if playing like there is fire is so smart but he is having fun. 
The other big accomplishment in our house today is Ashton is pulling up all of the time.  He has occasionally pulled up on things and it took him awhile.  But now he is doing it all of the time and it is scary.  As you can see we have giant tile floor and I am scared to death he is going to fall and hurt himself.  Within a week of moving here Caden was running and slipped and chipped his front tooth.  I hate these floors!!  I thought I would love not having carpet, but they are so scary and so dangerous!!  Ashton loves all of the cords and the blue flashy lights from our directv box, so we cannot keep him away from right here.  I am pretty sure my tv or son is going to have to go . . . still deciding on which one! : )  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment