The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, October 17, 2011

Frozen Yogurt for Dinner!

Today we went on our more than weekly trip to Target.  I am a bit obsessed with everything Target.  I actually love my Super Targets back home, they don't even compare to the small little wannabe Targets that Florida has.  But none the less, we go all of the time because there is really nothing better to do.  During high school I worked at Target and absolutely hated it but now I cannot get enough of it.  We just picked up a few random things as we usually do.  But afterwards we stopped at TCBY to get the best froyo (possibly ever!).  It was my mom's first time to go and I forgot to explain to her the workings.  She first was very concerned how big the cup was... I just told her you put as little or as much as you want and continued on down the assembly line with Caden.  As I turn around to pay for our treats I look back at my mom.  She is still at the lever and froyo is pouring out of the machine everywhere with her cup above her head!  I quickly had to laugh at her because what else could you do.  Nick helped her with her cup and we went to our seats.  I later figured out that my mom thought when you pulled the lever it came from above not from below.  I inspected the machine and realized she was putting her cup to the light.... if you don't know my mom, this is totally something she does all of the time.  The thing is, I notice I do stupid things like this all of the time too.  I guess I am getting pay back for making fun of her too much.  : )
Later in the evening it was dinner time.  We made baked pineapple chicken with green beans and glazed carrots.  Caden also got a banana and go-gurt.  He ate all of his go-gurt and banana but refused to touch anything else.  We did our normal bargaining for dessert and usual warnings but he wouldn't bite.  I got fed up and said that he had to go to bed.  I am so tired of my picky, would rather starve than eat child!  Anyways, I figured after a few minutes he would come back out and ask for something to eat.  Nope, not this stubborn child!  He instead fell straight to sleep in just a few minutes time.  He didn't get his nightly meds, no potty time, no bath, nothing!  I hope there are no accidents and I guess we will do a morning bath before school!  I do not know what to do with this child.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment