The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Hoarder and A Birthday

So I have decided that my husband is trying to become a hoarder.  I think he needs help.  I am half joking and half being serious.  Each week he has a new obsession and since I have started my blog, his obsession for the week has been a new blog.  He has started and stopped a sports blog, a football blog, a UT blog, and now the latest one is a Videogame blog.  I am trying to play the role of supportive wife, but I want to slap some sense into him to.  It is not that what he is doing is stupid, because it is a cool concept.  But he just doesn't realize when he becomes passionate about something that he only can focus on that and tends to forget everything else, me included.  Not like he is a horrible husband but I would love to see him show the devotion to me that he does to his current obsession.  I am not meaning to sound as negative as I do right now but it is getting ridiculous.  The premise of his blog is to go to yard sales and find all of the old game systems of his past and start playing them again.  He found the original Nintendo today, a great find.  I can now play my old school favorite games, so I am happy.  But he had himself and Caden out of the house before 7 to go garage selling!  I mean seriously!!  All he can talk about is his next great find instead of stopping with what he has.  I am scared my house is going to be over run with garage sale items.  I do not know what I am going to do with this boy.  I am ready for this week's obsession to be done with! :)  If you want to check out his latest blog: http://videogamevoyager.blogspot.com/
Today Caden's new friend from school, Baylor, had his birthday party.  I have recently befriended his mom and she invited us to the party.  I really like their family because we have so much in common.  We both have hubby's in the navy, 2 sons the exact same age, and we both stay at home.  The party was at a bounce house place and we were skeptical.  Caden can sometimes be finicky around jump houses so I was scared he would have nothing to do with it.  As soon we got there the music was loud and Caden is ultra sensitive with sound, so he started out with his hands on his ears.  But after a few minutes he saw his princess and then was off not to be seen standing still again.  There were so many little kids there, it was a great time.  Caden behaved beautifully and was pretty funny with his princess.  The first picture is the whole birthday party and 
the three kids in the chair are in the same class, Baylor in orange, and the princess in pink.  The other two pictures are Caden's smooth moves on his little princess.  I think I am going to be in for some trouble when he is older.  I kept telling him to take his hands off of her for the picture and he told me no!  The last two pictures are just silly pictures of the boys in the car after the party and the silly faces that came in the goodie bags.  We all had a great time and am so happy in our decision to put Caden in school this year, it has led to so many great opportunities for us.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment