The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Treats!


I really like to be crafty, but I do not feel that I take advantage of it enough.   I usually have high hopes of doing something cute with the boys but I generally get tired of fighting with them to cooperate that I do it or just give up.  I really like to bake and be creative with food too.  I saw a picture/recipe for Rice Krispie Treat Pumpkins.  They ended up not being the cutest things but I still like them.  If you have ever made Rice Krispie treats before, then you should know how not fun this was.  The marshmallows make everything so sticky and very hard to manipulate.  I eventually got the hang of it but it took several tries.  After I finished the pumpkins, the first thing Nick said to me was “Those are some very misshapen pumpkins!”  He could not even lie about them and say they were cute.  I like that he was honest but I think too honest can be discouraging.  He tried to dig himself out after he saw he hurt my feelings, but it’s whatever!  This was one of those things that I thought would be cute to make with Caden, but it turned out to be way too messy to let him even near.  He could have cared less, but I would loved to have pictures and memories of doing things together.  I guess I will have to wait till he is older.  I would like to be more proactive in being crafty and especially with the kids. After they were all complete, Mr. Picky Caden refused to even try them!  He eats Rice Krispies and was snacking on the marshmallows but refused to try them together!!  I don’t know what I am going to do with him.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.      

No comments:

Post a Comment