The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Snot Happy!

My house is overtaken with snot!!  We are going through tissues like they are going out of style!  I am so tired of runny noses!  Okay, enough exclamation marks...you get my frustration! : )  Caden generally has a runny nose around change of weather times because he has horrible allergies.  As much as I hate it, I have still gotten used to it.  Ashton though is starting to follow in his brother's footsteps, and could even be worse.  For 17 days he has had a runny nose that has now turned into a nasty cough.  We suction him all of the time, do Vick's, cool mist humidifier. . . you name it, we probably have tried it.  During this time he has gotten his flu shot and the nurse told me after 10 days and no change to come in.  The nurse on call at ten days (because my Doctor only takes appointments after talking to the nurse first) decided that there was nothing a good bulb syringe wouldn't solve.  I was furious, the first time I didn't like my pediatrician, but decided to give it a few days and just hate the nurse instead.  After the weekend, Ashton seemed to be getting worse with a cough and snot color changes.  For you kid-less folk, I bet you had no idea how important the color of snot was, huh?  Finally I was able to be seen today.  Everything I had been doing was all that I could do and I pretty much knew that.  But all of the snot and drainage turned into a double ear infection.  He was on the beginning days of getting one, so luckily staying on top of everything, we caught it early.  Ashton is now on his first prescription ever and I hope that this helps.  Caden didn't have many ear infections before ear tubes but had a million afterwards.  I felt like he was always on an antibiotic and then would have a yeast infection from the meds. . . it was an endless cycle.  I really hope this isn't Ashton too!  Just another side story about today.  Right when Nick went to CVS to pick up the medicine, their computer networks went down.  So even though they were filled they could not sale them to us since they could not check it out of the computer.  They said to comeback, and we did, THREE times.  Finally on the third time, I was not the nicest person.  They quickly decided since ours was filled (where others didn't even have the option of getting filled) that as long as I used cash or check that it would be fine to go.  I mean seriously, nothing goes easy with us.  I feel sometimes that everything we do is a story or situation, I cannot even make up half this stuff because it is just too strange.  I just wonder if mean Lindsey would have gone the first time instead of "no-question asking" Nick, if we would have had our medicine sooner.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment