The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, October 7, 2011

A Park Playdate and Pizza

Today the four of us went to our local favorite park to have a playdate.  We met Caden's princess and her mom as well as Ashton's best bud and his mom.  Actually Ashton's friend has an older brother that is in Caden's class, and I think they are becoming quite the best little trouble making friends.  We were surprisingly the only ones at the park on a gorgeous day and really had a lot of fun.  Caden played hard with both of his friends.  He was covered in sweat and wood-chips; a true sign of a successful park playdate.  Ashton didn't do much at the park, you know just drooled a lot.  But I really enjoyed the company of the other two moms.  It is really interesting to learn from people who are from here, the ins and outs of things.  I am not 100% happy with Caden's class and I received a lot of helpful information from one of the moms.  I was able to compare the two three year old classes and I believe the differences are enough to say something to the director.  This MDO is just for a socialization and learning experience for Caden, and not a necessity since I am not working.  I want Caden to receive the most from it that he can instead of just getting the bare necessities that we are getting now.  Anyways,  I had a lot of fun with both of the moms and hope that we can keep up the playdates because I think everyone had a good time.  The best part was Nick was there to help control Caden and I could actually enjoy myself.
     After the park it was close to dinner time and I of course had nothing planned.  So we went to our go to when we don't feel like cooking (which is probably more than I should admit) frozen pizza.  Caden eats pizza very well, and there isn't much I can say that about, so we eat it a lot.  However, I now have a little beggar on my hands.  Ashton has discovered food and is horrible to eat around.  I normally eat on the floor with him in the living room to try and keep him from getting into things.  Sometimes we put him in the high chair but that is still a lot of work, so free crawl is the best.  He loves to think he can eat anything and his new obsession is pizza.  He will sit there and suck the pizza till it dissolves.  He is just starting to be able to do the puffs and things because the actual chewing is still coming to him.  But he will suck any food I have.  This is him eating my pizza, which I know he ate more of than I did.  As soon as I would take it out of his mouth, he screamed.  I ended up keeping that piece in his mouth, and got my own slice.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment