The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Three of a Kind!

Tomorrow is a big day for our family.  Tomorrow is Nick's last day of working at NAS Whiting Field.  It is three years to the day of us moving to Florida.  And Ashton is the exact age Caden was when Nick was done being deployed and we were a family again. 
As I look back over the past three years, so much has changed in our life.  We moved to Florida with a 7 month old baby, now we have a 7 month old baby but also a three and half year old!  When I first got here, I was not very happy.  This place was so country and foreign to me.  Now it is home and I am sad to go.  We had so many firsts here, that I could not possibly name them all.  Our first base house, our first rental house, a new car, new furniture, finished college, start of college, first daycare, first mother's day out, civilian doctors, many new friends. . . the list just goes on and on.  I will always look back of Florida as the start of our family.  Even though Virginia is where we met, married, and had Caden.  It was not until we moved to Florida that our family was together.  Having three years of uninterrupted time together was the best thing for us.  I am so glad that I did not have to deal with deployments and so not looking forward to those again.  Florida holds such a big place in our hearts that the next shore duty (if it happens) will be back here if there are no openings in Texas.  Now do not think for a second that I still won't complain about how country it is here, but know that I do love it.   Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment