The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trade One Thing for Another!

I noticed in the past few days that Ashton has not spit up at all.  I am talking quitting cold turkey.  I cringe to even write this post because I know I will be jinxing myself.  But it is true.  We have spent the last seven months with multiple burp clothes, bibs, and changes of clothes in hand.  Getting massively spit up on was a common occurrence for me, Nick still had trouble dealing with it.  This was all new to me since Caden never spit up.  He had no sensitivities to any food and you could forget the diaper bag and be just fine.  Ashton on the other hand is not so much sensitive to one thing but maybe everything.  We have tried every type and kind of formula, but he spits up regardless.  And if you went to check the mail without a burp cloth, then you would just be stupid.  It has been quite an adjustment but I have gotten used to.  But here in the last few days I haven't been putting a bib on him and haven't even had to clean any part of the floor, me or him.  I don't know what happened, but I am definitely not complaining!
I guess Caden didn't want me to have a puke free day, so he took over in that department.  He went to school today and when I picked him up he said his side hurt.  I asked him if he needed a bucket (after 2 straight weeks, and a 2 day hospitalization with Rotavirus 8 months ago, that is what we came up with.)  Anyways, he said it was not like that and I did not think much of it since he was running all over school with his friends.  He came home and started acting a little bad so he went straight to bed.  That is when it happened.  After a two hour nap, I hear mommy and coughing.  I won't go into too much detail but it was bad and there were three loads of laundry that were needed.  He has too many stuffed animals on his bed.  Luckily, Nick had come home 30 minutes before or it would have been a different story.  We set up the Rotavirus quarantine of a blanket that he had to stay on with everything he would need right there.  It was not 10 minutes later that he was running all over the place.  We spent all night trying to keep him calm and not to get sick again.  He never did, thankfully.  He felt fine and all the sleepy medicine I gave him, kept him up till the wee hours of the morning.  I have no idea if Halloween got the best of him, he ate something bad, this is related to his GI issues, a little bug, or just something else random.  I am glad it is out of our house and hopefully doesn't visit anyone else.
One day I will be puke free. . . Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment