The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, November 24, 2011

To Be Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving!!  Today I was pretty sad and depressed being without family and not having a very successful doctor's appointment the day before.  We had seen that Cracker Barrel did Thanksgiving so we had already decided we were going there.  I assumed (and you know what happens then) that going at 11 when they start that we would be okay.  I mean they have a store with toys to entertain the children so a little wait wouldn't even be bad.  Well we showed up and couldn't even get to the restaurant because of the traffic.  We ended up having to turn around because of too many people!!  Can you believe that many people go there??  I had no idea that many people in this tiny town that all seem to live by their family would go out to eat on Thanksgiving.  I was super bummed because it was Ashton's first Thanksgiving and we weren't even able to celebrate it.  I was bummed that we weren't with family.  I was bummed that we couldn't have any yummy food.  We ended up eating sandwiches which made me even that much more depressed.  I was just in a horrible mood and having a really hard time being thankful.  I was sad and trying to be positive seemed unimaginable.  I knew this was one of my last holidays to spend with my family of four for possibly the next five years because you can never guarantee that a sea duty husband will ever be home.  I was sad that no one realized this.  That instead of spending one last holiday together as a family people were selfish.  That is right, I was in that kind of mood.  Again you can all get mad at me, but hey this is my blog and my feelings.  I really just could not believe that no one realized that my son's first Thanksgiving could be my husband's last.  I mean I don't want to talk that way but anything is possible.  Now to not end this post on such a sour note, I will try and be better.  I am very thankful that my husband and boys are together.  I am glad that we may not be at our healthiest (Caden) that we definitely are better than most.  I am so glad that we were together and have each other.  After naps, Nick put us in better spirits and we decided to go see Happy Feet 2.  We were the only ones in the theater which was nice because Caden could run around and Ashton could be loud.  But a family came in late and they were just as noisy, so it was okay.  Ashton ended up sleeping through most of it, Caden was bored and I was under-whelmed.  It was cute, but just a little too long or the big finish needed to happen already instead of keep dragging it out.  I am still glad we went because we all had fun and I forgot it was Thanksgiving and I was happy.  After the movie I decided we should give Cracker Barrel one more shot, and I am glad we did.  There was a little wait but nothing the store couldn't help pass the time with.  The food was pretty good, no family Thanksgiving, but still good to get Turkey.  Ashton loved the sweet potatoes, Turkey, and bread.  Caden had a hamburger, very fitting for him.  We left with full bellys, sleeping boys and leftover, a pretty great dinner!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment