The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Date Night!

My friend, Sarah, and I have been going back and forth about watching each other's boys.  After many conversations back and forth about the right time we came to an agreement for her to watch mine tonight (my birthday weekend) and I will watch her's on her birthday weekend.  Originally we discussed the kids staying over, but I got scared.  I was more scared for them since their boys sleep good and mine are up with the birds.  I would feel too bad, plus they have never really spent the night apart from us.  I know this is a very sad fact.  I still don't mind watching hers over night since her boys will be a relaxing break.  Maybe baby steps for my family and then eventually I can have them spend some time apart.  Anyways, we were doing dinner and movie, since that would be a perfect date night.  But I started getting the Christmas shopping bug so we decided to go shopping in peace instead.  We started out at the mall which was wonderful.  We went in stores without strollers so we could get around easily.  We didn't have to ride on the train that goes around the mall either.  I actually needed a new bra (t.m.i.) from Victoria Secret.  I felt like I was taking my 15 year old boyfriend in the store.  He was so embarrassed to be in that store.  It was hilarious watching how red faced he got.  He will love me for sharing this tidbit with you.  We also walked around Wal Mart and Big Lots.  I have everything priced for the actual presents and am waiting for sales for that stuff.  But I was just randomly buying stocking stuffers and ended up with a lot of good stuff.  I had such a good night being able to hold hands with my husband.  Two kids really takes away from being able to hold hands with each other.  We decided we didn't need a fancy dinner since we want to save our money for Christmas presents, so we went to Zaxby's.  This is a new place for us that we have discovered since I think TX just started getting these or there is not a lot.  But if you have never been, you must go and get their Fried White Cheddar Bites.  They are seriously the best thing ever and I crave them!!  I do not even like cheese and I LOVE these.  We split an order of those and chicken fingers because we are cute like that.  We made it a short night because I did not know if the Loud's were dying with four kids and I didn't want to overwhelm them with my children.  They were still alive at the end of the night so I am glad that my kids didn't run them off.  Although they did say they would never have four kids, so that may have been a sign of the night.  : )  I am so thankful we have come into one another's lives and all get along so great.  I am glad they gave us the opportunity for the rare date night and I hope they enjoy their time together in few weeks.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment