The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy 8 Month, Santa Welcoming, Veteran's Day!

As the title suggests, it was a pretty busy day today.  First and foremost, today is Veteran's Day.  I was going to put up a picture of my hubby in uniform and then realized almost all of them are already up on the site.  : )  Anyways, I would like to take a moment and thank all of those who have served and are continuing to serve our country.  Especially would like to thank my husband and dad (Air Force) for all of their sacrifices they made to help protect our freedom.  I know that they missed out on a lot of family time but I am so proud of them both.  I would also like to say a special thank you for all of those families out there that have or are holding down the home-front while their loved ones are away.  It takes a really special person to have that strength and I know there is not enough recognition in that. 
 The next big news for the day is Ashton is 8 months old today!!!  I cannot hardly believe that 8 months have already flown by.  I literally feel like I was just pregnant.  It is weird, Nick and I were talking about this the other day.  Part of us feels that Ashton just got here and we are still getting use to being a family of four.  But then other parts of us, cannot remember life before Ashton.  We joke about how easy life must have been with one.  No diaper bag, getting up and going whenever, only one person having to hold a child, no diapers.  I can hardly remember anymore life pre-Ashy.  Ashton Kole is so very active.  He is into everything.  He can lift up on anything in a matter of seconds.  He races around our house in his walker.  He has two very sharp teeth that he loves to bite me with.  He talks all of the time but his two favorite phrases are "Heeeeeeeyyyyy" and "Dadadadada."  He is so cute and by far loves his brother the most with the cats coming in second. : )
Our night consisted of one of the many things I find for us to go do, I am big into finding free activities/ festivals to go see.  Tonight our one and only mall  was having a parade that ended with Santa being welcomed into his home for the next month.  We went last year and had a lot of fun.  This year the  
parade was smaller and it was much colder, but still a good time.  As you can tell by the pictures we are bundled up for our "Florida Winter."  : ) At the end of the parade we walked into the mall with the huge mass of people to watch Santa sit down with the first child.  We were not waiting in the huge line but let Caden wave at Santa.  We will come back at a much less busier time.  On our walk back to the car we stopped at the firetruck and took some pictures.  Caden told the fireman he wanted to be one when he grew up and he was one for Halloween.  It made me happy.  Ashton was over the night and cried.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment