The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Thanksgiving Program!

Today was Caden's Thanksgiving Program and Lunch at his school.  I have been so excited for this for a long time.  I knew they were practicing songs at school to sing but Caden told me they were a secret so I was really clueless of what he would be doing.  They did a really good job of organizing where to sit, the decorations, the food, and the singing.  Sarah and Neyland, my mom, Ashton and I all sat at a table in the back, which turned out to be the front where the kids were singing, so it worked out perfect.  They came in and sang a song together, each class had their own song, and then did the prayer together.  It was by far one of the cutest little things I have seen.
All the kids were off so we heard the same song several times.  When it got to our kids' class, they were absolutely adorable.  Caden and Baylor thought it was a competition to who could talk more and louder into the microphone.  They were both seeing who could get the most  attention.  I
recorded it all but for some reason this blog uploads a lot slower than my Facebook and frankly I am too tired to wait for it to upload so as of now you won't be able to see the cutest little video of it.  After the singing we had some pretty yummy food.  It was potluck style with no real sign up so
 we had many stuffing options and not a lot of other options!  Caden of course did not eat anything and just ran around chasing the kids in his class and his princess.  I had a lot of fun today watching Caden be so independent on stage and performing.  It makes me so happy and proud even if he 
didn't know all of the words, I just wish Nick could have gotten off in time to see it.  Of course, I had us all matching because those make the best pictures and I have some sort of compulsion to make the boys look similar.  I thought they looked very cute in their similar Thanksgiving attire!  The last picture is Caden's Thanksgiving artwork that decorated the table and himself.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment