The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baby Prison!

As I have said before, you have to be on your toes with Ashton.  When Caden was younger, you could let him crawl around and not worry.  Ashton keeps me in an 'edge of my seat' state at all times.  He is 
constantly pulling up on things that aren't meant to be ladders and always about two seconds away from busting his head open.  I really just needed a five minute 'mommy break.'  I wanted to be able to sit down and take a deep breath without having to go chase Ashton on theexhale. . . I have tried to make the boys' room a place for sleeping.  I am not big on the toys in the room or the room as a time out place.  I want the bedroom to be a quick association with sleep not as a play place or a punishment.  For that reason I have never put Ashton in his bed to play or so I could get something done.  This has really been more of a punishment to me, if anything.  Ash hates the swing and jumperoo, he likes to be moving.  He
does like the walker, but after the mail eating incident, it is not really some place that gives me a break.   So I got the bright idea to break out the Pack 'n Play and trap him!  I put it into the living room with toys in it and walked straight into the computer room and Facebooked it up.  That's right, I just verb-ed a noun.  : ) Anyways, I immediately started hearing the dreaded whine from my generally easy, Caden.  What was he whining about?  He wanted to go into baby prison too!  Can you believe it??  So off both boys went. . . no complaints from this mommy!  They both played in there for a little bit before they started to get sleepy and Ashton wanted out.  Caden on the other hand wanted to stay in,
again, fine with me!  So off I drug the crib to his room to sleep in.  The only problem is both boys had to get out so it could be collapsed to fit through the doorway. . .  stupid safety laws!  Don't they know this mommy needs convenience not a headache! : )  Caden spent most of the night playing Buzz Lightyear in the crib.  Before I went to bed, I checked on him and he passed out on his queen bed.  I guess he decided stretching his legs out was important.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.                

No comments:

Post a Comment