The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three Years to Thirty!

I love birthdays but not really my own.  I don't want to make a big deal about it but I am 27 today!  I think I much rather love making a big deal about other people's big day and seeing them happy than all of the attention on me.  None the less, we have a three year old that loves birthdays!  He woke up today to ask what kind of party I was going to have.  He then called his daddy to see if he got me a firetruck birthday cake because that is what "mommy wants!" : )  So Nick tried to throw me a little party more for Caden than me.  I think he did pretty good with signs, noise makers and poppers.  He even got me ice cream cupcakes, which I had never had.  To back up a bit, my first celebration started with lunch with Sarah and the babies at the newly opened Panera Bread by my house.  It was very yummy and as always I had a great conversation and Ashton was remarkably really well behaved.  The afternoon consisted of the above mentioned party.  We then decided to go to Barnes and Noble to look around before getting Olive Garden to go (my mom's treat).  The bookstore also went really well, maybe my boys all knew that it was my birthday.  But then they decided to show their true colors waiting in the car for the To Go food to be ready.  By the time the long wait was over, I was over my birthday, waiting, the boys, really just it all.  The kids were overly tired and didn't like sitting in the car and they let us know.  It kind of ended my birthday very bad, but the start was nice.  Maybe one year the boys will know to be extra nice to mommy on her birthday, this was just not that year.  On a side not I cannot believe that I am already 27!!!  Time is going by so fast!  I know everyone says that but it really does.  In my mind, I just finished high school, instead I am fastly coming up on my 10 year reunion.  I picture my parents in their thirties, not me!!  It is totally crazy to me.  I guess I have a year to accept being 27. . .   Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment