The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, November 14, 2011

An Ear and A Bra!

There was not anything really big that happened today, so I thought I would share a little story about each of the boys.  I know I tend to ramble, so a little story may turn long. : )
Ashton had his three week ear check up after his double ear infection.  Luckily the infection is gone but they still saw a lot of fluid.  My doctor said that it could turn into another infection so to watch for signs.  He has been fine so I am sure now it will turn bad.  He also warned of hearing loss right now because of all of the fluid.  I just instantly thought of a repeat of Caden.  He originally got tubes because of failing his hearing tests with all of the fluid, I hope Ashton doesn't follow that route.  As soon as Ashy woke up from his nap he was so drooly and snotty.  This is exactly how he acted on the last double ear infection.  I know it is related to him cutting another tooth because of how he is acting.  But if he gets an ear infection on every tooth this is not going to be fun.  And can it be possible to get an ear infection literally hours after the doctor just said you were okay?!?!  Just our luck!  What I thought was even funnier of the appointment was the med student.  I went through nursing school so I try to be patient with students, but sometimes I just want the real McCoy.  This poor girl walked into an 8 month old ear check and said "Okay Ashton, I am going to check your ears, can you lay your head down and let me look in them."  I really think that may have been her first encounter with kids ever!  I basically put Ashton in the needed position and hold and let her do her thing.  Her thing consisted of over two minutes per ear!!  He was screaming and tossing about so much I couldn't hold him down any longer.  When the doctor came in to check on her work, luckily he was in and out of the ears in 5 seconds.  Ashton just looked at him and smiled during the whole thing, like he knew he just wanted the professional.
Caden is starting to pick up on things and we are now to the age we have to watch everything because who knows what he is telling his teacher at school.  When I nursed Ashton, Caden said I was feeding Ashton on my shoulder and I never corrected him.  Well today he saw my new bra purchases not put away in my room.  He made me come in there to see what they were.  I was clueless of what to say.  I told them they were just for mommies to wear and not boys.  He said are they for these and preceded to point to his chest.  I just looked at him trying hard not to laugh and said yes, that is mommy's bra.  Nick was like okay that is enough.  I tried to explain that we don't talk about bras and underwear to anyone but us, and never at school.  I then tried to distract him with another thought.  I hope he doesn't remember this conversation or at least doesn't remember it in front of his teachers tomorrow! : )  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.      

No comments:

Post a Comment