The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beach Bargain!

We woke up early today to try and sell Nick's huge collection of baseball cards.  We heard through a local store that nobody really buys post-1980 cards around here but we may have luck going to vendors selling them at the local flea market and see if they want them.  So off we went to the flea market.  I
do not want to sound snobby but this post is going to do just that.  I make fun of how country it is here and it isn't till people visit that they are like it really is country here.  Locals think that being from Texas that I should be used to country but I am not used to this at all.  It is not even how small the
town is but how weird it is set up.  There are no zoning laws here.  So a nice house will be built on a street by a trailer park, by a convenient store, by a liquor store by a school by a neighborhood.  It is so weird and random.  One second you think you are in a good area the next you are secretly making sure the doors are
locked.  This flea market was huge and brought out a Pensacolian population that I had never encountered.  I was just hoping we could find someone to take these cards and be done with it.  Unfortunately we found no one and left disgusted with tons of baseball cards.  Anyways after our interesting adventure I decided today was the day to go take Christmas card pictures down at the beach because it was so nice outside.  I knew that it was going to start getting really cold and I thought we should act on the last day of warm weather.  I am very glad we went because it was nice but it was windy, the red flags were even out!  I got some okay pictures, not
the best.  I really am just ready for my new super nice camera we are getting from my parents.  Expect super nice pictures very soon, until then I have to live with my little point and shoot camera.  I think a better camera would have made better pictures, but instead I was too picky.  I loved my boys coordinating outfits, of course.  Ashton was too distracted by everything to really give a smile, so instead he snarled in most of the pictures.  It was too bright for Caden, so he looks like his eyes are closed in every picture.  I still managed to get some good ones and came home immediately and made the Christmas card and have it already!  I am sharing only pictures that I did not use on the card, because I want the others to be a surprise! : )  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment