The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!


Today I got an urge to decorate for Christmas, so I went with it for fear that I would not want to any other time.  Sadly, I had to first clean my house before I could put the Christmas stuff out.  My house is generally pretty clean, with everything put up.  But I must admit my OCD tendencies have calmed down since the arrival of Ashton since I do not have the time or energy to clean like I used to.  Mainly dusting has suffered from my lack of cleaning.  I decided that I should first put all my regular knick knacks up, dust, and then put the Christmas
stuff out.  It worked out pretty nicely while the boys were napping but once they woke up it was not as fun to keep them away from everything.  In fact just since I have had the stuff out, I have decided that I am already ready to put everything up.  My Christmas stuff is a lot more breakable and a lot more appealing to get into.  Santa is coming early to the Evans’
household since Nick leaves right after Christmas and we more than likely will be in Texas.  I wanted the boys to all be able to enjoy their new toys with their daddy before he had to leave.  I am glad that I do not have to keep the stuff out that long because I can pretty much guarantee that I will be putting up the Christmas stuff up before the 25th.  I tried to let the boys help 
me as much as I could and I think they had fun.  Caden was amazed by everything and kept saying how pretty everything was.  But now he thinks every five minutes it is Christmas and gets to open the presents.  I am pretty sure we are going to wake up one morning with everything opened under the tree. . .  There is also a few pictures of around the house.  And the last picture is of my storage closet.  Those who read this regularly may remember how proud I was of my storage closet.  Well one garage sale and Christmas decoration weekend later, it looks like this!!!  I guess I will be reorganizing very soon!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment