The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Time To Get In Shape!

So I am not going to brag, because I know it could change for me in a second, but my weight has never been an issue.  I have always been one of those lucky few who do absolutely nothing and manage to stay skinny.  My metabolism loves me and I do love it!  I eat whatever I want and do not have to pay for it.  I know as I get older this will change but I am taking full advantage of it now while I can.  Even after two babies my weight bounced right back effortlessly.  I really feel bad saying (or typing) this out loud because I know how many people struggle with this.  Even though the scale has said the number I wanted for many months, my body in no means looks how I want it.  When I look at myself in the mirror, I am disgusted.  I don't have any sort of eating disorder, I have been asked a billion times.  When I do look in the mirror, I do not see too skinny, I see too flabby.  Understandably, my body does not look like it did pre-children even though my weight says it should.  My hips grew so wide with Caden and have never returned.  I cannot shop in junior clothes because the low-rise pants do not like my child-bearing hips.   My stomach is also not as tight as it used to be and has me very self conscious.  I also am not flexible and limber as I once was, a lot from lack of exercise and from not being able to touch my toes for so long being pregnant.  I will not go into what really bothers me but prost-preggo, post-nursing moms should know what my number one insecurity is.  : )  Well there is the laundry list of why I don't like my body, it is not a very positive one.  I did just try and find a picture of me and I have decided I am very good at hiding my body with my children.  Oh well!  So this negative attitude towards myself needs to change and what better way than to actually feel good about myself.  So Sarah and I decided (she is 5 months post preggo) that we need to start walking/exercising.  I think she has done a good job on her own, she is now just motivating me to start also.  We started off today walking my entire neighborhood pushing the babies in strollers.  I am not sure how long that was but it was a nice start.  I have done this many times before, just not consistently, because I like to get outside and go on walks.  I hope that we can make this a Tuesday tradition, I know once it gets colder it will be harder for me but having someone to exercise with is always a good motivation.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment