The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Countdown to Santa!

Today Santa wrote a letter back in response to the boys' letter.  I know they have a fast turn around at the North Pole!  I thought to keep it fresh in Caden's mind, waiting a day was a stretch!  So when Caden woke up from his nap today we went and checked the mail.  Our letter was gone and there
was one in its place.  Of course I have to keep their letter to show them when they are older, I just hope I can keep it hidden for years!  I wrote this letter saying they should be good boys and he will bring them their presents.  Caden was so excited.  I love how excited he is about Christmas.  I guess that is why
I keep coming up with stuff for them to do because he is so excited about it.  We had to read the letter several times, I am sure he could tell you what it says too.  At the end I made sure to emphasize how much Santa loves cookies, so Caden will be excited to make them.  And he wants to make them now, so Santa will come now!  I thought that was cute and led me to my next project.  I decided to make an Advent Calendar with a twist.  I had seen one online of a Santa picture where you add cotton balls till its full and then it is Christmas.  But I thought Caden would do better with the total number of days left and take a cotton ball away
 for every day.  It made more sense to me too.  So I reversed the one I saw and changed up the poem that went with it.  So parts are stolen but the majority of it is my cleverness.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I pretty much used everything around the house but the cotton balls I had to buy, can you believe it?  I only have the round disc cotton things so I had to go buy the cotton balls.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Caden loves pulling the cotton balls off and gets so excited.  Anytime he talks about Santa he has to go count the number of cotton balls, even if he just did it five minutes before.  He is so cute, he thinks if he does more than one a day then he will come sooner!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment