The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, November 12, 2011

He Likes It!

This is my new favorite picture, I love matching outfits way too much!!  Tonight my parents took us to a Japanese Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday.  It is a Hibachi place that we thought would be fun for the boys to enjoy.  Caden recently learned about fires in school and I was really hoping he would be "Stop, Dropping, and Rolling" during dinner when he saw the fire. . . but no such luck.  Anyways, it was a very enjoyable dinner.  The boys were both entertained and didn't give us much trouble which always makes for a nice dinner.  Our chef was very funny and Caden was in awe most of the night.  Generally when we go out we make Caden dinner beforehand.  One to save cost on the meal and two, and more so the case, because he generally won't eat anything at whatever restaurant we are at.  So we made him dinner before we left thinking he would enjoy the experience but not the food.  So when the
chef started plating our food he gave Caden some rice.  He did his immediate "I don't like that" routine.  So I told him to stop throwing fits and to just say "No, Thank you."  But as the rest of us were enjoying our yummy food I looked over and saw Caden eating his rice!!!!  I was shocked and almost hit the floor when he asked for more.  I gladly gave him some of mine and could not have been more thrilled.  This is such a huge accomplishment because he never tries anything new.  I made Rice Krispie treats not too long ago, and he wouldn't even get near them.  He would not try anything else tonight, but rice was so huge for us.  I know you all are probably laughing right now but it is true.  I am so tired of his pickiness and not even trying something.  I really sometimes don't know how he is still alive, he eats next to nothing.  Eating time is just
not enjoyable in our house.  And for those of you who claim you have picky eaters but hide stuff, that does not work with this detective.  He has texture issues and does not like a single thing that you can use as a hiding agent.  (i.e. pasta or casseroles)  Ashton on the other hand loves any and all food for now.  Caden was this way but once he got a voice and opinion things changed, so I am sure Ashton still has time to jump on the picky bandwagon.  But he was in heaven tonight with all of the food.  He loved the zucchini the most.  He would cry every time my mom took it out of his mouth, it was hilarious!  I had a really great time and thanks to my parents for dinner and Nick for taking care of Ashton all night so I could eat in peace.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment