The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Upside Down Show

This is a weird show that comes on around midnight, that Caden loves.  He used to wake up in the middle of the night and get in bed with us and watch this show.  He would always ask for it.  He now doesn't get the TV turned on at night, but still generally crawls in bed with us.  Anyways, this show is my life.  Nick has been on glorious shore duty the past three years.  For all of you non-navy people, that means no deployments and home every night.  He spent 5 years on the USS Washington (a carrier=really, really big ship!) and then 3 years shore duty in Florida, then repeat.  Well, for those of you doing the math, his shore duty time is up!  He is to report to his new carrier, the USS Reagan the day after Christmas!!  I am so sad, I cannot even talk about it right now.  Everything I know will change.  He was gone a lot before, but I have forgotten those times because I am so used to him being here.  All I can say for now without crying is it is going to be so hard to be away from him.  Our exact schedule and how things work is up in the air, so right now I am clueless.  But earlier when I was talking about seeing how much my life would change over a year, I was referring to this.  I am going to have some high and lows with this, and I am the exact opposite of excited!  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment