The struggles and triumphs of being a Navy wife while still being a sane mother.


Saturday, September 17, 2011

What's in a Name?

When we got pregnant with Caden, we went through every name book and literally wrote down every name we liked in the whole big book!  We both came to an easy agreement of Caden.  We knew the middle name would be Lee, the same as Nick's.  We thought Caden Lee sounded great.  I did not want a name that he went by another, because I found that to be confusing later on.  Even how Nick is Nicholas, important documents can be hard to come by with two different variations of names.  I also loved how it was unique but not too out there.  Well, I now know that Caden/Aiden/Hayden is the most common name there is now, but I still love it!  When we got pregnant the next time, I discovered something.  My son's initials could be my maiden name!  I feel as though there is about a one in a billion shot of this happening, so I had to jump on it.  Ake (pronounced like lake minus the L) is a very unique last name.  Growing up I was teased and hated it, but now I absolutely love it and hate that I couldn't carry it on.  After I randomly married an Evans', it made it a little easier to carry on the name in my own way.  So I knew that I needed the initials AKE, and luckily I had one of them covered, but sadly that was just the Evans'.  It made it easier that I just had to look up 'A' names, but still a hard task.  I wanted it to go with Caden and have the same unique but not weird quality.  We like several city names, Austin, Aspen, but didn't want that route because Caden wasn't the same.  I loved the name Ashton for a long time but Nick didn't want people to think of Ashton Kutcher.    After I convinced him that whatever name we came up with, someone would know that name, he jumped on the Ashton bandwagon.  So we had Ashton Evans' for almost our entire pregnancy, but the middle name we were have problems with.  My name of the week, I just could never get to stick.  I was all but to give up on my AKE initial idea, when I thought of Kole.  I knew that it normally was with a C, so people would have problems with it, but I thought Ashton Kole, sounded so cute.  And after some more persistent persuasion that probably included I am the one carrying this kid, Nick liked the name too!  So there you have it, Ashton Kole Evans, is the most special name ever to me, and I would love if he or both of my boys could carry on my name with their own children some day.  Post and Carry on with the rest of your day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment